Anorexia Nervosa is an illness which affects most of the teenage girls and hardly in some teenage boys, adult Women and Men. People with Anorexia Nervosa are extremely thin and they are all afraid of becoming fat and so is the reason why they cut down even their normal diet.
They are all obsessed with thin. It's an attempt to use food and weight to deal with emotional problems.
Anorexia Nervosa Statistics :
- Anorexia is the 3rd most common chronic illness among adolescents.
- 40 – 60% of high school girls diet.
- 50% of girls between the ages of 13 and 15 believe they are overweight.
- 80% of 13 year old girls have dieted.
- 40% of 9 year old girls dieted.
- About 10% of people with anorexia and bulimia are male
- 1 in 200 women suffers from anorexia
- Over 85 % victims of anorexia are diagnosed before they hit 20 years old.
What is the treatment for anorexia?
As per as sources, treating anorexia is difficult as people suffering with anorexia nervosa think that there is nothing wrong with them. People suffering with early stages of anorexia nervosa can be treated by admitting in the hospital. But for successful treatment, patients must want to change and must have family and friends to help them.