|Health Benefits of Carrot|
Scientific Name of Carrot :
The scientific name of wild carrot is called Daucus carota and the domestic carrot is called Daucus carota sativus. The vegetable is mainly grown for its edible root. The carrot has many Health Benefits and so is the reason why carrots are eaten raw in the forms of salads and also eaten with some viands.
The common notion is that carrot helps in good eyesight and yes that is true. Carrot has carotene which is converted into vitamin A by the human body. Vitamin A helps in preventing night blindness.
Health Benefits of Carrot:
1. Carrot boosts the quality of breast milk and so it is very essential for pregnant Women
2. Carrot enhances the color and quality of our skin, hair and nails.
3. Carrot lowers cholesterol and blood pressure when eaten daily.
4. Raw Carrot has beta-carotene which is a strong antioxidant that can prevent cancer.
5. Carrot juice helps in preventing bodily infections and is considered to be valuable for the adrenal glands
6. Carrot helps in preventing night blindness and improves eyesight.
7. The other beneficiary for women is that is helps in increasing menstrual flow.
8. Regulates blood sugar.
9. Carrot can promote colon health, because carrot is rich in fiber.
Vitamin and Mineral Content of Carrot :
* Vitamin A - 12,000 I.U,
* Vitamin B; Thiamine B: .06 mg.
* Riboflavin: .06 mg.
* Niacin: .5 mg.
* Vitamin C: 5 mg.
* Vitamin D, E, G, & K
* Calcium: 39 mg.
* Iron: .8 mg.
* Phosphorus: 37 mg.
* Fat: 0.3 gm
* Carbohydrates: 9.3 gm.
* Protein: 1.2gm.
* Calories: 42
Carrot in Tamil :
What is the tamil name of carrot ? This is one of the question which has been asked by many tamilians. As far as I am concerned, carrot is not a tamil vegetable. Carrot is a English vegetable. Few of them call carrot has Sivappu Mullangi.