The updated 2012 Chevrolet Cruze has been launched in India at a price of INR 13.85 lakh. The new Chevrolet Cruze has remarkable engine upgrade, but comes with no changes in the styling department.
At first when the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze facelift was launched at the Busan Motors show, expectations were on a high that the same would be driven into Indian market as well, but Chevrolet has decided to give an engine upgrade instead.
2012 Chevrolet Cruze India variants with prices :
The Chevrolet Cruze is available in three variants. The one with LT badge will be the base variant with manual transmission and is priced at Rs 13.85lakh. The mid variant will be LTZ with manual transmission price at Rs 14.77 lakh and the top variant LTZ with automatic transmission is priced at Rs 15.67 lakh.
- 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT (manual) : INR 13.85 lakhs
- 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ (manual) : INR 14.77 lakhs
- 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ (automatic) : INR 15.67 lakhs
All the above mentioned prices are as per the exclusive showrooms in New Delhi.
2012 Chevrolet Cruze India engine upgrades :
- Z-series two liter turbo diesel engine
- Max power : 163 Bhp (148 Bhp in previous engine)
- Max torque : 360 Nm (327 Nm in previous engine)
- Six-speed manual and automatic transmission
- 11 and 16 percent improvement in power and torque figures respectively
- Long stroke design replaced by square bore-stroke layout
- Bore and stroke measures : 86 mm
- Compression ratio reduced from 17.5:1 to 16.5:1
- Turbo boost increased from 2.0 BAR to 2.2 BAR
- Timing belt replaced by timing chain
- Top speed : 220 km/h
- 0 to 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds
The six-speed automatic gearbox is borrowed from the older version but the gear ratios have been changed to suit the higher power and torque output levels of the new version.
Other than these engine upgrades there are two features changes to be mentioned. The first thing is that the rear seats have been adjusted to provide more headroom space and second is the electrically adjustable drive seat in the top end variant. All the other interior and exterior features remain unchanged.